Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fjulianom
New Contributor III

CASI feature not visible in proxy-based inspection mode

Hi guys,

When trying to activate the CASI feature I noticed it is not visible under System > Feature Visibility. My Fortigate is working in proxy-based mode, but the NSE4 course says it is OK:

However, the Fortinet Help says the following:

Unfortunately CASI does not work when using Proxy-based profiles for AV or Web filtering for example. Make sure to only use Flow-based profiles in combination with CASI on a specific policy.

http://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-whats-new-54/Top_CASI.htm

But I am not sure if that means CASI doesn't work with proxy-based mode at all or if it can be used within a profile without proxy profile.

What do you think about this? By the way, I am running firmware v5.6.2.

Regards,

Julián

1 Solution
bommi
Contributor III

Hi,

the CASI "feature" has been removed from 5.6.

You can get the same functionality using the application control profiles.

Regards

bommi

NSE 4/5/7

View solution in original post

NSE 4/5/7
4 REPLIES 4
bommi
Contributor III

Hi,

the CASI "feature" has been removed from 5.6.

You can get the same functionality using the application control profiles.

Regards

bommi

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi Bommi,

Ok, many thanks for clarifying!

Regards,

Julián

fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi Bommi,

Within the Application Control profile I can see a warning which says "97 Cloud Applications require deep inspection", which matches with NSE4 when says "When applying a CASI profile to a firewall policy, enable deep inspection in the firewall policy as CASI is basically doing deep inspection of cloud applications."

How can I know what applications requiere deep inspection? Because I am not applying deep inspection and my application controls works fine.

Regards,

Julián

fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors