Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
blackswans
New Contributor

fortigate wan ip blacklist?

Hi,

We see the firewall WAN ip as blacklisted in the firewall menu. What can this cause problems and how to make the ip whitelisted again?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

What FortiOS firmware version are you running?

Can you be more specific concerning the problem? Where do you see that the WAN ip as blacklisted in the firewall menu? There are a lot of places to view information in the menu of the firewall. It would help if you could specify where you see this issue (i.e. Network / Interfaces / LAN / Internal1).

blackswans

In the main dashboard / system information tab / WAN IP 

thanks.

SecurityPlus

I'm sorry but I need more information:

What FortiOS firmware version are you running? i.e. 5.4.6

What FortiGate device are you experiencing this message? i.e. FortiGate 100D?

dombilod1

Hi

Same issue here.  Running FOS 5.6.2

Wan IP is showing as Blacklisted by Spamhaus  in the Dashboard / System Information section.

I fixed the problem. Then i've checked the status on smaphaus web site and have them to whitelist the IP.  It's not in their blacklist anymore.

Problem is that on Fortigate dashboard it's still showing "Blackisted". It's been 5 days since Spamhaus whitelisted our Wan IP but Dhasboard still shows the warning.  Is there anything else I could do ?

Thanks

peixue_FTNT

What the blocked FortiGate Wan IP is?  After I get the IP, I can check if the Spamhaus data we received really removed it.

Thanks,

Peixue

daac
New Contributor

Hello You could share what was the solution for the blacklist message in the Fortigate dashboard after having untied the ip from the blacklist. Thank you

vishal
New Contributor

I'm facing the same problem of ISP IP get blacklisted on fortigate dashboard.i have 3 ISP IP address of Airtel. Even if my disable my ISP interface on fortigate whose IP is showing blacklisted on fortigate dashboard and then reboot the firewall, then next ISP IP address is also showing same error of blacklisting. Can anyone please help me
vishal
New Contributor

I'm also facing the same issue. Can anyone please help
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors