Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chpa
New Contributor

No updates on my IPS Engine

Hello,

I have a problem to update automatically my IPS Engine.

Actually I have a cluster of Fortigate-200D and configured some vdoms. Here my output of the command "get system auto-update versions".

IPS Attack Engine --------- Version: 3.00430 Contract Expiry Date: Mon Apr 30 2018 Last Updated using manual update on Thu Sep 14 12:55:16 2017 Last Update Attempt: Sun Jun 18 15:56:24 2017 Result: No Updates

Can someone help me ?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello chpa,

IPS Engine 3.430 is the latest version that we provide as the GA build. We do not provide an update for the engine regularly.

chpa

Hi HoMing,

Thanks for your reply,  I will check if the new version will be uploaded from the fortigate.

I have a last question:

Is it normal this message below ?

"Last Update Attempt: Sun Jun 18 15:56:24 2017 Result: No Updates"

Thank you in advance

hmtay_FTNT

Did you turn on automatic updates? That looks like your Fortigate does not regularly try to update the databases.

chpa

Yes automatic updates is turn on. That is why I opened this ticket. Is this because I create vdoms ?

hmtay_FTNT

VDOMS should not affect that. Did you check with a local TAC to verify your license and settings?

chpa

I already verified my license with our supplier and it's seems ok.

The problem is that I can't open a ticket directly to the support (attached you can find a screenshot).

Do you see anything wrong ?

Thanks again

hmtay_FTNT

Did you ask your supplier about the problem? If you click on Update AV & IPS Definitions, does your IPS Definitions change? Your IPS Definition 12.223 is an old one.

chpa

My supplier told me that I must the a support contract.

If I'm click on Update AV & IS Definitions I have the follow message but I dont see any change.

"Your update request has been sent. Your database will be updated in a few minutes. Please check your update page for the status of the update."   I dont know what I must do.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

suggestions:

1: does the  management   vdom have access

2:  did you run "execute update-ips"  and  look at traffic

3: is dns-server defined ( yes broken dns will  greatly impact updates )

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors