Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortibey
New Contributor

Recommended firmware for Fortiage 60D

Hello,

We are using a FortiGate 60D in our company.

Right now we are using 5.2.11 Build 0754 as firmware. When we check the update page of the device 5.4 and 5.6 firmwares are listed in other releases tab of the page.

Which one is recommended for 60D ?

Should we stay with 5.2.11 or is it safe to move on 5.4 atleast.

Also we are using FortiAP 221C's so we need to upgrade thier firmwares according to fortigate.

Thanks.

1 Solution
tanr
Valued Contributor II

5.4.5 has been pretty stable and seems to be getting a lot of use.  Haven't upgraded to 5.4.6 yet, but it is another bug-fix only release so it is likely stable.  We've been running a 100D and 300D on 5.4.5 for months now without issue.  Our use is pretty simple but are using web filters, app control, and deep ssl inspection, along with IPSec VPN. 

We've got a FortiAP 320C and 221C on 5.4.3 and they have been solid.

I personally wouldn't want to have 5.6.2 in a production environment.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tanr
Valued Contributor II

5.4.5 has been pretty stable and seems to be getting a lot of use.  Haven't upgraded to 5.4.6 yet, but it is another bug-fix only release so it is likely stable.  We've been running a 100D and 300D on 5.4.5 for months now without issue.  Our use is pretty simple but are using web filters, app control, and deep ssl inspection, along with IPSec VPN. 

fortibey
New Contributor

tanr wrote:

Thank you very much.

We are going to try to upgrade our systems (both fortigate and fortiaps) to 5.4 firmware family then.

AlastairHill

If you are going to 5.4.6, just remember to follow the upgrade path

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/sysadmins-notebook/supported-upgrade-paths-fortios/4/

SecurityPlus

6.4.5 seems stable for us. No issues encountered.
ericl2324
New Contributor

We have many FortiGate 60D's with the latest 5.6.2 firmware installed.  We haven't really had any issues at all...it's running pretty stable. 

I would recommend 5.6.2. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors