Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robertwb2
New Contributor

IPSec Tunnel Interface Link showing down, but its working.

I recently updated my Fortigate 100D devices to 5.6.2

I have 3 sites, each with a Fortigate 100D and each with a IPSec Tunnel to the other 2 locations.

All traffic is traversing normally, however when I look at Network->Interfaces, one locations Tunnel Interface Link Status is showing down.

So, when I am on Site 1's Interface Link Status, it is showing as DOWN to Site 3, Same with Site 2 to Site 3. And from Site 3, its showing DOWN to Site 1 & 2. 

Now when I look at VPN->IPSec Tunnels all statuses are showing as UP.

The only reason I'm asking this is because when I'm looking at my IPV4 policies, I'm getting a warning to those polices dealing with Site 3 and so on. 

I've check all Phase 1 & Phase 2 settings, everything is perfect there. As I mentioned, all traffic is working perfectly, I just want to make sure that all errors are cleared up. Thanks so much!!

6 REPLIES 6
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Please review  diag cmds

diag vpn ike  gateway

diag vpn tunnel list

What does these  output shows?

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
robertwb2

So when I run those Diag cmds, I'm not seeing any errors. I can sure post those here or send them along to you if you would like to see them but everything looks good with no flags that I can see anyway.

This issue is odd, just because its dealing with everything at my "Site 3". I'm seeing the exact same things in all 3 of my FortiGates in Network->Interfaces and VPN->IPSec Tunnels. Down to Site 3 in Interfaces, but UP in IPSec Tunnels.

Thanks again!

robertwb2

So should I submit a bug report for this?? I'm not sure what I can do next. Thanks again.

robertwb2

I hate the keep pushing this up to the top, but wondering if anyone has any hints I could try?? Thanks so much!

andreas_freitag

Same here... See Screenshot....

[ol]
  • VPN Up
  • Error on Policy
  • Interface on Policy Link down?
  • Interface not administrative down[/ol]

• andreas_freitag

After the Update to 5.6.3...

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors