Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
burim
New Contributor

Manage Fortianalyzer

Hello,

We have a client with 2 FG and 2 FAZ appliances and they want a centralized management. I know I can manage FG appliances using Fortimanager but I don't know if I can manage FAZ appliances as well. 

Any idea please.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
DirkDuesentrieb
New Contributor

Hi,

in the Release notes of 5.6 you can find

Managed FortiAnalyzer

[ul]
  • Support managed FortiAnalyzer by adding a FortiAnalyzer unit to an ADOM in FortiManager.
  • Automatically synchronize the device configuration on FortiManager to the managed FortiAnalyzer.
  • View log analytics, monitor events, and generate reports from the single FortiManager console.
  • Modify a policy via a policy ID from Log View and view policy related logs from Policy Package.[/ul]

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3865/fortimanager-v5.6.0-release-notes.pdf

However: I tested that and had issues with ADOMs and the synchronization. So it might work in the near future but currently it seems like a WiP.

Cheers,

Dirk

• chall_FTNT

Dirk,

You mentioned that you "tested [Managed FortiAnalyzer] and had issues with ADOMs and the synchronization".  Can you elaborate? There are two documented limitations as noted in Adding FortiAnalyzer devices

[ul]
  • You can add one FortiAnalyzer device to each ADOM
  • You cannot add the same FortiAnalyzer device to multiple ADOM[/ul]

It should also be noted that FortiAnalyzer must also be running 5.6. Otherwise, the feature works fine.

• Chris Hall
    Fortinet Technical Support
    DirkDuesentrieb

Hi,

yes it's a documented limitation, but I had to read very carefully to find a hint to this limitation after I tested everything. The NSE5 Trainer wasn't sure here as well and he guessed it will be transparently like the embedded FAZ in FortiManager. 

Cheers,

Dirk

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors