Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dkwee
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN Instantly Losing Wifi After Connection

Hello everyone,

I've started to encounter a very interesting issue about 2 weeks ago. For some context, I'm using FortiClient VPN with the latest version, 5.6.0.1075, on Windows 8.1. When I connect to the VPN, it successfully goes through, but shortly after (about 2-3 seconds), I lose my wifi connection, thus disconnecting me from the VPN. Effectively, I can't connect to the VPN through wifi. The only workaround I've found was to connect to the internet via an ethernet cable, but due to the nature of my work, I will not always have access to one.

I've searched around these forums to see potential fixes, but I haven't had any luck so far. I've tried reinstalling the software, restarting my laptop, updating Windows, and repairing the wan miniport (via a tool called wan-miniport-repair-v2). 

I've also checked the event logs right after the error and I found two:

[ol]
  • A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 40. The Windows SChannel error state is 107.

• An TLS 1.0 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed.[/ol]

I'd love any assistance! Thank you!

• 2 REPLIES 2
    Toshi_Esumi
    SuperUser
    SuperUser

When you're wired to get to the internet, no errors like those in the log happens, right? Then both client config and the server FG SSL VPN config are fine. So the problem seems to be specific to Win8.1+wifi+FortiClient. I don't have much experiences with that environment. But we have many Win10 clients with 5.6.0.1075 over wifi without any problems. You can open Fortinet TAC ticket with the server FortiGate if it has support to get FortiClient issues taken a look at. That's how I opened a case to report this FortiClient version's SSL VPN bug related to more than 150 injected routes.

kphed
    New Contributor III

dkwee

Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors