Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sdearr
New Contributor

FortiManager compatibility across firmware v5.6 for Fortigate v4 and higher

I worked with FMG in the past when old devices were 4.0 and new devices were 5.2, but now that we're further into 5.6, it seems like FTNT is moving away from v4.0 compatibility. Since I can't nest ADOMs and have to set the firmware version per ADOM [for Fortigates] how can I manage FGTs that are legacy or can I not have any differing firmware units in the same ADOMs? Tried ignoring the version settings in device groups and got db failures with 5.2-5.6 Fortigates.

*This is a lab folks, I am not running a depraved, unorganized infrastructure*

Long term plan is to deploy in Azure, starting the configs for this setup on a local FMG 200D. 

thank you

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure what you mean, I'm sure FMG v5.6.0 does not support  fortiOS 4.0 if that's what your question is.

Next , fortioOS v4.0 is no longer supported or developed on

Can you  upgrade any fortios appliances 4.x to 5.2,  and then use FMG v5.6.0? We run  a mix of 5.2 and 5.4 and 5.6  devices in our FMG.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

We run v.5.6.0 with  FortiOS v5.2 and 5.4  in multi-vdom. You need to set the vdom for that version.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
sdearr
New Contributor

Ken,

The question is really for FortiOS 4.0 builds on the newer 5.6 FMG firmware, which gives no firmware/compatibility option for 5.0 or earlier, it seems. Am I missing something?

thanks for the sanity check,

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure what you mean, I'm sure FMG v5.6.0 does not support  fortiOS 4.0 if that's what your question is.

Next , fortioOS v4.0 is no longer supported or developed on

Can you  upgrade any fortios appliances 4.x to 5.2,  and then use FMG v5.6.0? We run  a mix of 5.2 and 5.4 and 5.6  devices in our FMG.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors