Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
broncoman79
New Contributor

Web filtering not showing entire URL

When looking at the Web Filter log on my 60D (5.6.0), I am seeing things like "video.twimg.com" and pbs.twimg.com". I want to see the entire URL of the video or picture being viewed. I was under the impression that web filtering monitor would give me this information. Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Solution
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello broncoman79,

If you want to look at the full URL, you need to enable deep-inspection for the HTTPS sessions. You would have to import the SSL Certificate that you choose to use onto your environment. After enabling deep-inspection, you should see the URL as attached.

Homing

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello broncoman79,

If you want to look at the full URL, you need to enable deep-inspection for the HTTPS sessions. You would have to import the SSL Certificate that you choose to use onto your environment. After enabling deep-inspection, you should see the URL as attached.

Homing

broncoman79

Thanks for taking the time to answer!!!

I tried this yesterday, and imported the FG cert to my iphone, and a ton of apps complained about certificates. Do I just need to take the time to exempt all of those URLs from Deep-Inspection?

hmtay_FTNT

Did you import the correct Certificates? If you did, most applications should not be complaining. You can do a quick test going to a HTTPS site like Wikipedia on a browser. If that works, you have done it correctly. Which also means those failed connections are likely caused by certificate-pinning by those apps. 

If browsing most HTTPS sites on a browser fail, you may have imported the wrong Certificate or some steps have not been done correctly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors