Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ipopov
New Contributor

Auto revert CLI configuration

Hi there, 

First time to use FG in a big deployment and I'll be thankful if you can help me with a annoying problem I hit:

Is there a feature or option  to use something like "Safe mode" config like in Mikrotik's RouterOS, or "commit confirm" like Juniper's Junos or at least "reload in X min" like Cisco IOS? 

I don't know how to search such option through knowledge base or how to find it (or enabled it) in cli or web manager.

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes this is doable.  You enable it in the CLI config sys global

config system global     set admin-sport 11443     set cfg-save revert     set cfg-revert-timeout 10 end

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ipopov
New Contributor

Thank you for attention emnoc

This is closet to Cisco's "reload in" :) 

I'll try this a "Try to not shoot yourself in a knee" solution

ipopov
New Contributor

Some notes... after some tests and several online documents

set cfg-revert-timeout 10 --> metric is a secconds

above command's are set into global config so after every (valid) change execute cfg save is MUST!

Under WEB manager I can't find additional button or system alert at least remind me to "execute cfg save"... which cause:

System will reload in the next 9 seconds... System will reload in the next 8 seconds... Actually is not a full system restart just some kind of software reload... not sure really what this kind of reload is doing, but in my test environment (2xFG200E active-passive HA with LAG to LAN) I  give:

1. I loose 30 - 40 ICMP packets to FG  management IP via aggregated ethernet interface

2. Master/Slave ownership is not changed

3. Users must re-establish all IPSec, BGP and other sessions which depends of configuration will cost you additional time and resources.

Conclusion: I'll try to use this feature only as a last effort and will not going to use it in my day-to-day operations.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors