Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
B1202
New Contributor

FortiGate Web Filter Question

Is there a way to use different replacement messages for different policies?  For example the FortiGuard Web Filter block page is displayed anytime the web filter blocks a page.  If I have specific PC's I would like to show certain message to and other PC's I would like to show a different message to is this possible?  Currently this traffic is separated with different policies.

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Sure , you should be able to define a custom message and call that in the web filter profile by the msg-group.

Take a look at the following;

http://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-system-administration-54/Replacement%...

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
B1202
New Contributor

Thank you for responding.  Do you know if this is possible without setting up additional virtual domains?  Currently we just have the single virtual domain and would like to keep it that way for now.  I see "System > Replacement Messages" however, this appears to be the global setting regardless of which policy is calling the replacement message.  Is it possible to have 2 different "FortiGuard Block Page" messages and define those at a policy level?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe yes, but you need to call it in  each webfilter-profile.  And assign the two profile to two  or more policies.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors