Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brzyzekl
New Contributor

Bandwidth monitoring using SSH?

Hello everyone,

In our company, we have a FortiGate 110C running v5.2.10,build742. I'm looking for a method, which provide me information about WAN bandwidth usage. I found paid software which connect to device using SSH and periodically downloading data about: INBOUND/OUTBOUND for wlan1, wlan2. My question is: how could I do the same things programming own application? Where are the information about wlan1:INBOUND, etc. on Fortigate device? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/feedback. Regards,

Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
ronalds_567
New Contributor

Hello,

You can get it through SNMP, from an external SNMP server.

Regards

Ronald

ronalds567
ronalds567
MikePruett

SNMP is going to be your best bet. You can do some custom fortianalyzer reports but they won't provide you with as much detail as you are looking for though. Something like Solarwinds etc would work well here.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
brzyzekl

Hello guys,

Thanks for your responses. I'm testing free software PRTG Network Monitor and it isn't fancy for me. I've got information about WAN traffic and many others, but this application.. Do you know some free alternative to the one?

Regards, Lucas

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors