Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Valgar
New Contributor

FortiClient Prompts to Reboot

My organization has recently deployed a FortiClient EMS and the FortiClient to a few hundred PC's. At what seems to be at random times on random machines the logged in user will be prompted for a reboot by the FortiClient. I need to suppress these prompts. I've created the necessary profiles and poured over the settings and have disabled anything that might prompt the user about anything, but the reboot prompt still happens on occasion.

4 REPLIES 4
SteveG
Contributor III

The only reason I've seen a reboot request is when a FortiClient installation profile is assigned to a PC. I'd check the FC logs as that should tell you why it's trying to reboot.

Valgar
New Contributor

I checked the logs and evidently the FortiClient is attempting to apply Windows patches. This shouldn't be happening as we're exclusively using the EMS/FortiClient for antivirus at this time. Vulnerability scan has been disabled from the time the client was deployed. I'm at a loss.

SteveG
Contributor III

Funny you should say that, I've got in work today and FortiClient on my laptop is prompting me to reboot in order to complete Vulnerability patching. However within EMS it's set to scan only, so have no idea what or why it's updated. Time to raise a new call with Fortinet!

laufs
New Contributor

Any news on this? It can happen that in fact a forced reboot (after countdown) takes place. Rather inconvenient.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors