Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sridharsre
New Contributor II

FortiGate: How to enable FTP to backup 5.2.5 firewall

Hi All,

I used to run a script to backup the config to the FTP server, as check, 5.2.5 version firewall does not have FTP to back up. it has USB and TFTP. Could you please let me know how to enable FTP in the firewall to proceed further.

Please refer the sceenshot attached.

Regards,

Sridhar

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
3 REPLIES 3
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi, probably it depends on the platform you have. The FTP option should be still there:

# get sys status | grep FortiGate Version: FortiGate-1500D v5.2.10,build0742,161129 (GA)

# execute backup config ? flash Backup config file to flash. ftp Backup config file to ftp server. management-station Backup config file to management station. tftp Backup config file to TFTP server. usb Backup config file to USB disk. usb-mode Backup config file for USB mode.

# get system status | grep FortiGate Version: FortiGate-80D v5.4.5,build1138,170531 (GA)

# execute backup config ? flash Backup config file to flash. ftp Backup config file to ftp server. management-station Backup config file to management station. tftp Backup config file to TFTP server. usb Backup config file to USB disk. usb-mode Backup config file for USB mode.

AtiT

AtiT
sridharsre
New Contributor II

Hi ,

Ok, I understand my version is (FortiGate-60D --- FortiGate 5.2.5,build0701 (GA)).

Is there any other way to enable FTP for this firewall ?

Regards,

Sridhar

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

As I can confirm the ftp option is present in FOS v5.2.10 and v5.2.11, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest build of v5.2 (which is v5.2.11). It looks like in v5.2.5 this option was left out.

AFAIK, there is no way to "enable" ftp for the system backup - either it's there or it's not.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors