Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
laf
New Contributor II

Fortimanager 5.2 to 5.4 upgrade

Hi guys,

I have two ADOMs on the FortiManager (v5.4):

- root ADOM running v5.4

- SDC ADOM running v5.2

On SDC ADOM I have two clusters running v5.2. What option should I choose the moment FWs will be upgraded on 5.4?

1. Upgrade FWs, go to System Settings - All ADOMs, edit SDC and try to change version from 5.2 to 5.4?

2. Upgrade FWs, then try to bring/adopt the cluster FWs to root ADOM

What do you guys use to make similar migration as smooth as possible?

Thanks,

Florin.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Florin, step1 is the best way in my opinion. Once both HA clusters are upgraded to 5.4 you will be able to upgrade the SDC VDOM to 5.4 and continue as normal.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Florin, step1 is the best way in my opinion. Once both HA clusters are upgraded to 5.4 you will be able to upgrade the SDC VDOM to 5.4 and continue as normal.

laf
New Contributor II

Fair enough; as we speak 5.4 is grayed out. You're saying after I upgrade 5.4 will become green ?

chall_FTNT

laf wrote:

Fair enough; as we speak 5.4 is grayed out. You're saying after I upgrade 5.4 will become green ?

Yes, once all devices in an ADOM have been upgraded to the next available MR, the upgrade option should be available. 

ADOM Upgrade Note: I assume your FMG is on 5.4.1 or later 5.4 patch.  Reason I ask ...  5.4.0 did not have One-Step ADOM Upgrade for upgrading 5.2 ADOMs to 5.4.  In general, release notes will tell you once One-Step ADOM Upgrade becomes available.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
laf
New Contributor II

We're using v5.4.3-build1187 170518 (GA) for some time now.

Thanks!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors