Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CHood
New Contributor

FortiGate can't authenticate to FortiAnalyzer after upgrading the FortiGate to v5.6.2

Our two FortiGate 200Ds (v5.6.1) are configured to authenticate to our FortiAnalyzer 200D (v5.6.0) with a user ID and password. When I upgraded our secondary FortiGate to v5.6.2 the authentication to the FortiAnalyzer now fails for that device. I've tried refreshing the password, but no luck.

3 REPLIES 3
Ray
New Contributor III

FAZ 5.6.0 is not compatible with FortiOS 5.6.1 or 5.6.2 according to the doc at http://docs.fortinet.com/...analyzer-compatibility

CHood
New Contributor

FAZ 5.6.0 worked just fine with FortiOS 5.6.0 and 5.6.1. Can't imagine why they would intentionally break it in 5.6.2.

When we upgraded our FortiGates to 5.6.0 we were unable to use our FortiAnalyzer until 5.4.2 was released which fixed the incompatibility. Upgrading the FortiAnalyzer to the next release (5.6.0) maintained that compatibility. Now the FortiOS 5.6.2 breaks it again?! Feel like I'm playing leapfrog here and not in a good way.

CHood
New Contributor

Checked the status of FortiAnalyzer compatibility with the latest FortiGate firmware. Still nothing since July.

With today's threat landscape being what it is, are we really having to wait for the FortiAnalyzer team to get a compatible firmware together before we can upgrade our front-line defenses to the latest build?

I am not comfortable with having my FortiGates behind on firmware patches.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors