Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jklems
New Contributor

FortiClient for controlling USB removable drive access

We have deployed Forticlient 5.6 and were hoping to be able to lock down USB thumbdrive access on a profile by profile basis. If you plug in a thumbdrive or any removable usb drive, the AV kicks in a scans it (if the profile is configured); but we dont see any way to lock down thumb drive access.  The Fortoclient is very feature rich, and does so many things, Anyone ?

3 REPLIES 3
linfante
New Contributor II

Any luck with this?

jklems

Unfortunately, nothing.  I went to a Lunch and Learn in my city a few months ago, and mentioned it to the engineers.  They told me they would forward my request onward.  But nothing new yet.  

vikramsanker

*Remember to backup the configuration before doing any changes."

I know its old post but this may help those who land on this page looking for an answer. FortiClient EMS has not come up with GUI yet. Meanwhile, there is a work around to do this. In FortiClient EMS, navigate to the "Endpoint Profiles" and select the required profile. Click "Edit" and do the following.

Navigate to "XML configuration" tab, click "Edit" and search for text "</antiexploit>". Paste the following code after "</antiexploit>".

<removable_media_access>

<enabled>1</enabled> <show_bubble_notifications>1</show_bubble_notifications> <action>Block</action> </removable_media_access>

Click "Test" and then "Save".  Your endpoints will now be updated with media access blocked. Hope this would help!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors