Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
holden
New Contributor

FortiAPs not able to authorize after FW Upgrade

Hi,

we have updated a Fortigate 100D from 5.2.3-->5.2.10.

After the Upgrade the FortiAps are not authorized anymore. If i select authorize on a FortiAP  i recieve a "entry Not found". IT seems to be related to the FortiAP-Profile entry. In the Dropdownlist are not listed the Custom Profiles anymore.

Any suggestions how to solve it?

Thanks In Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I would check if the version of the FAP221C's firmware is supported by 5.2.10 first. 

Then every time we upgraded any FortiGates we would immediately check 'diag debug config-error-log read' even before checking all functions come back up, to see if any config corruption happened or some mis-config has been thrown out during the upgrade.

In your case I would check if the custom AP profile still exist via CLI 'show wireless-controller wtp-profile'. I'm assuming you changed the name when you created it. If it's still there, likely only the reference was changed to the default at 'config wireless-controller wtp'. Then you just need to change it back 'set wtp-profile PROFILE_NAME' under each FAP.

But I'm afraid your custom profile was thrown out for some reason, which should be described in config-rror-log. Then you might need to re-create it in a proper way with 5.2.10. We saw custom profiles were renamed to "temp..." or something like that when we upgraded a controller FG and worked fine.

holden

Hi,

thanks for your help.

The issue was solved with help from Fortinet Support.

After the Upgrade the default FortiAP Profile was corrupt. A customized Profile solved the issue.

regards

amanjotsingh_FTNT

Hi Holden,

I would recommend you to check the release notes of fortiAP. Some FortiAp only support some firmware of fortigate. By the way which FortiAPs you have  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors