Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
irfanink
New Contributor

LDAP User not show in Monitior

I have configure LDAP with fortigate successfully . but my user are not show in Monitor --> Firewall . Snapshot is attached. Please guide me 

4 REPLIES 4
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

well, configured LDAP does not equal to visible users. Thay have to authenticate first to be visible.

If they do not authenticate (should but are not questioned to do so), then use 'diag debug flow' (check KBs for detailed usage) to check which firewall policy is used instead of intended one which I assume contain authentication settings.

If not sure about settings, have a look to Authentication guide on docs.fortinet.com or check cookbooks for specific settings. Because someone probably documented that already.

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

irfanink

I have one AD and 2 additional domains. so i sink additional domain user to AD and then  i configure LDAP and install FSSO in AD . and i can view additional domain user in FSSO but when i configure LDAP i can only view AD user in Monitor -->firewall , and can't view other additional domain user,

xsilver_FTNT

If I got it correctly then Monitor do not show FSSO based users while it does show LDAP based ones.

If it's so then I guess that FSSO users haven't made any traffic as they do appear in default Monitor/Firewall User Monitor only when there is accountable traffic. To fix that and see ALL FSSO users regardless of the traffic, pay attention to the switch on top right corner of the monitor page. Details in attachment.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

shaikhdaniaal

Sorry to revive an old thread but this problem happened for me as well. The fix for was that the LDAP Test connectivity (User & Device > LDAP Servers) went through even though the 'Common Name Identifier' was wrong due to a typo. 

sAMAccoutnName instead of sAMAccountName 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors