Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rkulow
New Contributor

FortiClient Windows Store App

Hi there,

has anyone experiences with Forticlient App from Windows Store?

Customer has installes it from in Windows 10 notebook an it doesnt work. I tried it on a testsystem an it also doesnt work. It seems that client doesnt try to connect (sniffer log on egde firewall doesnt show any connections to vpn target.

Client is configured according to this document: http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3034/forticlient-v1.0.0-windows-app-user-guide.pdf

The rating of this app is very poor, but customer wont use the fat forticlient for vpn.

Forticlient support doesnt respond yet.

2 REPLIES 2
hektop
New Contributor

I am using FortiClient version v1.0.1037 from the Microsoft Store and so far I love it. It works much better compared to regular FortiClient version that now by default comes with vulnerability scan and compliance & telemetry installed by default, which I hate. All I needed was a VPN client, period.

I spent hours with support trying to fix a regular Forticlient issue and their recommendation was to install the all their Forticlient's regular versions until I found one that fixed my problem. Starting from the latest version and going down. I think this was an absurd answer from their part. So I started looking for other options and came across this supported VPN client.

Once the you install FortiClient from the Microsoft Store you can even configure the VPN connection from powershell. Just make sure you open powershell as an administrator and run the following commands:

$Name = 'Test VPN' $ServerAddress = 'https://vpn.mycompany.com:443/?ice=1' $AppID = 'FortinetInc.FortiClient_sq9g7krz3c65j' Add-VpnConnection -Name $Name -ServerAddress $ServerAddress -PlugInApplicationID $AppID -CustomConfiguration '<forticlient>0</forticlient>' -RememberCredential  

Just modify the parameters to your needs and you should have new VPN connection on your VPN Windows Settings.

Weatherlights
New Contributor

Just had a conversation with Fortinet support and they told me that the Windows Store App is no longer supported by Fortinet. Just for your information.

For me it worked great (specially with Windows Autoconnect).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors