Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Xcage
New Contributor

cant access Fortigate 60D in any way

<<Photo attached>>

well , basically i had that 60d for a really long time , and after couple years it was in the storage i need it. the problem i cant seem to be able to configure it because i cant access it.

when plugged into power the 3 lines near the logo light up, and the PWR light also lights up.

everything else isn't.

so i think its been reset or something because there's no IP or anything when connecting to any of the interfaces.

So i thought maybe i should reset it again. no response when trying to reset using a little pin.

connecting a usb mgmt port and using fortiexplorer , but there's no devices recognized, the sound of the usn connection is there so the unit is workinbg but i am doing something wrong , and was hoping that someone can point me into the right direction since i never encountered a completely blank forti unit.

any help appreciated.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Likely it lost firmware image or boot drive because STATUS light doesn't come on. It's not just reset. Since your 60D seems to be Rev.0 (or 1 I don't remember which) hardware, which doesn't come with a console port, if FortiExplore doesn't work only way is to do RMA. But I assume the hardware warranty was expired by now.

That's why we didn't like Rev.0 hardware and many others must have felt the same then they quickly added the console port back with the later revision.

By the way the reset button works only for 30sec or 60sec after it powered up and came to normal operation, or STATUS light came on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Likely it lost firmware image or boot drive because STATUS light doesn't come on. It's not just reset. Since your 60D seems to be Rev.0 (or 1 I don't remember which) hardware, which doesn't come with a console port, if FortiExplore doesn't work only way is to do RMA. But I assume the hardware warranty was expired by now.

That's why we didn't like Rev.0 hardware and many others must have felt the same then they quickly added the console port back with the later revision.

By the way the reset button works only for 30sec or 60sec after it powered up and came to normal operation, or STATUS light came on.

Xcage

thank you , turns out it just lost os image , so OS installation helped

Aitizaz
New Contributor

Hi, I have fortigate 60d. Unfortunately all management interfaces are not working, not even the console cable together with putty is working for me. Firewall is up and is working but gives disconnection frequently. Fortiexplorer only shows login pages for Setup, Web GUI and CLI but none of these work as well.

My question is: if I update the firmware, would it solve my problem or not?

Please help.

James_G

Do you get anything from console cable during reboot? You can only reflash OS if you are getting something on console.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors