Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ronen_c
New Contributor

Routing configuration using two Different WAN connections

Hey, 

I would like to connect my Fortigate 100e  two different WAN connections - with no intend to make a redundancy 

my idea is to be able to seperate the office internet traffic and the tests servers ineternet traffic throw different ISP's...

I have some internal networks configured in the FW (one for the servers and one for local LAN, Wifi etc..)  and specific rules for the traffic between the interfaces

all of them goes out untill now throw the WAN1 interface, which has static IP and some routed Static IP pool (which being used throw VIP to access specific services from the internet)

after define the second WAN(2), and change its priority - I am not able to config the routing properly so differenct devices will be able to go out throw different WAN connection... 

even if I specify a policy route to the device throw the new WAN - in that case the internet does goes out from WAN2, but then all the traffic goes throw this interface and I cannot access from this device to any other internal network

Example:

network 192.168.1.0  and 192.168.10.0  are internal networks

I have set a policy route to 192.168.1.57 to go our throw WAN2 - once done that, 192.168.1.57 cannot access 192.168.10.0...  ( while in default configuration when only WAN1 configured, this was working properly when the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and the FW policy allowing the access from 192.168.57 to 192.168.10.0... )

any suggestions / explanations on how to correctly configure ?

best regards,

Ronen

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors