Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hermescon
New Contributor

Customize guest user-names in batch mode

Hi all,

we are running a captive portal for our guest WiFi users, so we can hand out the credentials to our guests. We created the accounts with "batch creation enabled" (User & Device -> Guest Management -> Create New -> Multiple Users). With this we created user-accounts with default names (user0001; user0002; etc). All works fine, but due to a firmware upgrade (FGT 100D; v5.2.11) the counter for the user-accounts was reset to user0001.

We now get the error "A duplicate entry already exists." because there are still unused accounts with the next possible number in batch-creation process. This appears also when we want to generate a single account with User-ID auto-generated.

Is there a way to customize the user-name while auto-generating the user-ID? I already checked the config (show full on CLI and searched for some key-word) but I couldn´t find an option about the user-names. I also couldn´t find an answer on google and in this forum. Revoking the existing unused guest-accounts should be my last option...

Thanks for your help!

Best regards.

5 REPLIES 5
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

from which FortiOS did you upgraded to 5.2.11 ?

Looks like counter got reset, but it should not. Might be improper upgrade or bug.

Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

hermescon

Hi Tomas,

we came from 5.2.4 and followed the upgrade path (5.2.6 -> 5.2.9 - > 5.2.11). Do you know a way to edit the counter?

Kind regards,

Hermes

xsilver_FTNT

Hi,

upgrade path looks good.

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/sysadmins-notebook/supported-upgrade-paths-fortios/5/

Counter .. well, bad news, there is no way to change it from CLI/GUI AFAIK.

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

hermescon

Hi,

that´s bad... I will contact Fortinet support, maybe they will have a possibility to change it. I´ll let you know if there will be a solution.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

Hermes

hermescon

Hi,

FYI: This is a known issue and is fixed in 5.4.5.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Hermes

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors