Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Obie
New Contributor

WEB filters both Lan and Internet traffic

hello guys,

I am new to Fortinet, my device model is FortiGate 200d, i want to set web filtering only on traffic bound for the Internet and not local traffic. I have configured 4 different ports for each VLAN, but I notice that traffic shaping affects local traffic making more difficult for  ERP users to work. Any idea on how i may achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello Obie,

If you have policies from LAN-WAN and LAN-LAN, you can put the Web Filter on only policies from LAN-WAN. This way, the Web Filter will not be active on local traffic.  >>I have configured 4 different ports for each VLAN, but I notice that traffic shaping affects local traffic making more difficult for  ERP users to work.

Unless you enabled traffic shaping on the local traffic policies, it should not be doing it. 

Obie
New Contributor

Hello hmtay

thanks a million for your post. i actually had traffic shaping which i have removed, pls can you explain how i can configure the LAN-WAN web filtering.

hmtay_FTNT

Hello Obie,

Can you see if this link answer your question?

http://cookbook.fortinet.com/blocking-facebook-54/

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors