Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
darryl_marquez
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer or FortiCloud

Hi

Can I have your comments/suggestion on which reporting tool will I use? For 40 users is it worth it to buy a FortiAnalyzer? My boss just wanted to have a monthly report which shows top 10 bandwidth users, blocksites, etc. I am currently subscribe with FortiCloud (free) and my boss appreciates the summary daily report I presented. Is there a way that I can check which user is consuming our bandwidth real time on either option? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Sunil_Panchal_NSE7
New Contributor III

Dear friend ,

if you have small number of user of up to 90 user just go for forticloud analyzer .

that will be cheaper and best for you .

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

FortiCloud is great for POC or getting started,  the FAZ is so much better if you need more flexibility in  reports.

FAZ == more reports, better reporting, archive, gear'd for more log/per sec and can be stroke on a vm or physical appliance, you buy or adjust your logging license  and daily log rate

Forticloud ==  gear'd for the SMB/SOHO

Alternatively you coul even use  splunk for your requriemenst or even the native reporting on the fortigate for your needs if you goal is "onlyi just the top 10" imho, SPlunk will  require work effort up front and more time for log creation for ingested data.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
darryl_marquez

emnoc wrote:

FortiCloud is great for POC or getting started,  the FAZ is so much better if you need more flexibility in  reports.

FAZ == more reports, better reporting, archive, gear'd for more log/per sec and can be stroke on a vm or physical appliance, you buy or adjust your logging license  and daily log rate

Forticloud ==  gear'd for the SMB/SOHO

Alternatively you coul even use  splunk for your requriemenst or even the native reporting on the fortigate for your needs if you goal is "onlyi just the top 10" imho, SPlunk will  require work effort up front and more time for log creation for ingested data.

Ken

I think I'm eyeing on FortiCloud, management just wanted to have a monthly report. I am currently testing solarwinds but having some difficulties on the configuration due to I'm just a new network IT. Also, I find FortiCloud easier to configure I'm just wondering if this solution could solve our problems in monitoring. Thank you.

arosenblatt

darryl.marquez wrote:

I think I'm eyeing on FortiCloud, management just wanted to have a monthly report. I am currently testing solarwinds but having some difficulties on the configuration due to I'm just a new network IT. Also, I find FortiCloud easier to configure I'm just wondering if this solution could solve our problems in monitoring. Thank you.

I nee to do something similar and also have an existing SolarWinds setup but it is totally unclear to me how to derive this sort of user-oriented reporting from the raw syslog data that I might pass to it, or even how to  properly configure it to handle anything from my FortiGate other than basic SNMP MIB info.

darryl_marquez

That's good to hear that the forticloud can handle up to 90 users. Can I check on forticloud who among are users are getting most of our bandwidth on a certain time/ real time?

darryl_marquez

I have other questions on logging and reporting.

1. Could you also tell me the difference of Top Sources by Sessions and Top Web User Source by Requests?

2. On the daily summary report it shows our ip address not the hostname. Can I change that if I use paid Forticloud or FortiAnalyzer?

3. Can I check who among our users are accessing the allowed and blocked websites?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors