Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mduplessis
New Contributor

Azure: Cluster or no Cluster

Hi,

I am trying to confirm what if any clustering options are available in Azure when deploying the Fortigate HA Templates.

While I understand that true HA is not available I expected at least the ability to cluster to achieve config sync.

In my tests last week however , it appeared that trying to select any combination of clustering and saving the config automatically makes the instance unusable and you need to rebuild.

Is there anyone on that has experience deploying in Azure.

Regards

Miron

4 REPLIES 4
nsandone
New Contributor

From what I seen, you can't cluster in Azure due to limitation of how the cloud services works.  For HA to work, IP Addresses would need to move between VMs.  This is not possible in Azure, so Clustering won't work.

bradhannah

It does not appear to be any better today. I have installed 6.0.3 and 5.6.6 and neither of them work. 5.6.6 crashes as you described, and 6.0.3 goes split brain and clearly didn't expect to run without an L2 broadcast capability. 

Time to get clever!

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This issue is true also in AWS. 

FWIW:  FTNT has address this in these  documents

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/deployment-guides/dg-fortigate-high-availabilit...

https://www.fortinet.com/...ed_Failover_in_AWS.pdf

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
AmanCk
New Contributor

Hi Team,

i just want to know, if i use the LB on the front of the both firewalls, then HA might be possible.

for that we will configure the probs,So once the primary will be down in that situation, secondary firewall will not receive any probs from the the Primary unit,In that condition LB will shift the Public IP from the primary to secondary. it will work or not?

please correct me if i am wrong.

thank you.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors