Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marco_Broker
New Contributor

set internel-switch mode interface

Hi ,

Can someone help me . I have an issue to break a fortigate  60D  version 5.2 into interfaces mode . I have disable the DCHP on the lan and deleted all policies related with the internel lan . Using the following command on cli .

config system interface

set internel-switch mode interface

end

the ports still remain the same into switch mode .

Please can someone help me .

Network Technician
Network Technician
7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you get any error message when you typed the commands? It should complain you if your forgot to remove any references.

It's been quite some some since interface mode has become the default. But if I remember correctly, with the default config of older 5.2.x, you need to remove the default policy, and remove dhcp server and interface IP from lan interface, then remove the default dhcp server config referring lan interface. Then change the mode and reboot.

journeyman

Having deleted references to the internal interface I believe you need to delete the virtual switch. Our process used to get a new unit ready to join a cluster is as follows, you may not need to change the wan port modes:

config firewall policy

delete 1

end

config system dhcp server

delete 1

end

config system virtual-switch

delete internal

end

config system global

set switch-controller disable

end

config system interface

edit wan1

set mode static

next

edit wan2

set mode static

next

end

Marco_Broker

Hi Journeyman  ,

Thanks for reply man . I have found a solution I have backup the configuration file and open in a notepad modify the internal ports and reload it . it has been break .

Thanks for support man .

Network Technician
Network Technician
kkriss81

Hi i have Fortiwifi 60E

Firmware 6.0.0

I don't have this command. But i need use each port.

xxxxxx (global) # set internal-switch-mode interface

command parse error before 'internal-switch-mode' Command fail. Return code -61

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I stopped using the clil command in FortiOS 5.4 because I noticed that in 5.4. or higher you can simply delete the virtual swich to get back to single interfaces...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
mahesh_secure

Hi 

config system global
set internal-switch-mode interface 
end

Try this

Mahesh
mahesh_secure

hi config system global set internal-switch-mode interface end Try this Mahesh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors