Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Redeploying a 60D - Firmware Updates

We are redeploying a Fortinet 60D. We reset the firewall as none of the prior settings were needed or wanted. The device is at FortiOS v5.0,build0323 (GA Patch 14). We would like to upgrade it to 5.4.5. Is it necessary to make these firmware updates step by step through the Supported Upgrade Paths (5.0.14, 5.2.11, 5.4.5)? We have no VPN's set up, no addresses created, no policies modified from the default. It is essentially a new unit configuration wise.

4 REPLIES 4
harald21
Contributor

Hello,

if you dont have any config, you dont need to follow the upgrade path - this is only necessary to ensure proper migration of the config.

Just load the new firmware to the device, after the reboot exec a factory reset and start configuring the unit.

Sincerely

Harald

SecurityPlus

Harald,

Thanks for the help!

Spock
New Contributor II

Dear Security Plus,

I am preparing to deploy a brand new FortiWiFi 60D that came with version 5.2.3, build 670 (GA).

I am wondering whether to upgrade this firmware before starting configuration, and, if yes, at what version/build number should I stop so I'll have a stable platform?

Can I ask you how your 5.4 deployment is going and whether it is performing optimally for your needs?

Regards,

Spock

SecurityPlus

My recommendation would be to run 5.2.11 or 5.4.5. Firmware 5.2.11 would be in my mind the most tried and true solution. Firmware 5.4.5 would provide more of the newer features that are available. We are not having trouble with 5.2.11 or 5.4.5 though, your mileage may vary.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors