Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
techevo
New Contributor

DHCP 5.4.4 HA

HI,

I have a cluster of 2 X 100D running 5.4.4.  DHCP stop giving IP to PC last week, it did not look like pool was exausted.  Did not find anything in the system log.  I ended up rebooting the master and it did solve the problem.  Today exactly 7 days after problem is showing up again.  Rebooting the master solved the problem... i'm afraid till next week.  Look like the DHCP stop working and last week I noticed wifi client where affected as well ( different interface but FGT also DHCP server ).

Any idea ?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

How many did you see in "exe dhcp lease-list" against the number of available IPs? Was there a wide margin?

Have you tried "exe dhcp lease-clear" instead of rebooting it, then did it solve for one week?

bommi

There is an bug which will be fixed in FortiOS 5.4.5.

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
techevo
New Contributor

Looking at the know bugs in 5.4.4 I found:

377192: DHCP request after lease expires is sent with former unicast IP instead of 0.0.0.0 as source.

Not sure of the implication...  My lease is 172800 ( 48 hours ) so I would be expecting to have the issue after 48 hours not 7 days ? 

Bommi : is that what you are refering to or you know something else ?

bommi
Contributor III

One customer had an problem with dhcp, so I opened a ticket where the support send me this:

"There is a bug open for this issue, where the dhcpd process stops working, with no entries in the crashlog - the bug number is 394729"

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Based on the description of the bug, the particular bug appears to be about DHCP client, not server.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Bommi: is there any more conditions for the 394729 to occur? Like any particular models? We have a bunch of 5.4.4 with various models but so far we haven't experienced it yet.

bommi

I know only one Fortigate 1000D Cluster with FortiOS 5.4.3 where this happened once.

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
Hosemacht
Contributor II

Hi Teche,

are there any DHCPACK messages in the system log after 7 days before you restart?

Relay or Server Mode?

Regards

Edit: oh i didnt see the other posts[&o]

sudo apt-get-rekt

sudo apt-get-rekt
neilsondufour

I currently have the same probleme with 5x of my 100D  on v5.4.4,build1117 (GA)

-Dhcp service stop working correctly -Then forti AP wifi Stop working correctly I hope it get fixed on next update

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors