Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ergotherego
Contributor II

How to move the free FortiToken mobile licenses to a new VDOM or firewall

Recently ran into this today and wanted to post a solution. I have a lab firewall I wanted to test FTKM with, but the firewall uses VDOMs, and the tokens are associated to the root VDOM by default.

These are the steps I took to move a token from the root VDOM to the proper tenant VDOM, on a FortiGate 200D running 5.4.4. Most of the work can only be done via CLI I found.

Ps. I think Setup step 7 is not actually required assuming everything is working up to that point, as I ended up getting two activation emails.

Preparation

1) Get the serial numbers for both tokens from the root VDOM or other firewall

2) Ensure the tokens are not in-use / associated to any users or groups

3) Ensure SMTP server or SMS gateway is configured

4) Create user account(s) with email or SMS contact info (in this example, just a local user)

Setup

1) WebUI - Login to the root VDOM and go to User & Device > FortiTokens

2) WebUI - Select the token(s) you want to move and click the Delete button

3) CLI - Enter the VDOM you want the token(s) to be available in

4) CLI - Add the new tokens via their serial number, and enable them

config user fortitoken     edit [ serial number ]     set status enable end

5.A) CLI - You should now see the tokens in a provisioning state via the command "diagnose fortitoken info"

myfirewall (myvdom) # diagnose fortitoken info FORTITOKEN DRIFT STATUS FTKMOBxxxxxxxxxx 0 [style="background-color: #ffff00;"]provisioning[/style]

Total activated token: 0 Total global activated token: 0

Token server status: reachable

myfirewall (myvdom) #

5.B) WebUI - You should now see the tokens in a pending state under User & Device > FortiTokens in the Status column

6) CLI - Enable two-factor and associate token with a user account (local account in this example)

config user local     edit testuser         set two-factor fortitoken         set fortitoken [ serial number ]     next end

7) CLI - Provision the token using the command "exec fortitoken-mobile provision". This should generate an email/SMS to the user to activate their token.

exec fortitoken-mobile provision [ serial number ]

8) User - Install/activate token into their smart phone using normal process

9.A) CLI - The state of the token should now be "provisioned" via the command 'diagnose fortitoken info'

9.B) WebUI - The state of the token should now be "Assigned" via the Status column

2 REPLIES 2
makco10
Contributor II

Clear instructions, cool.

Regards.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You do know the token is not configured to a "vdom",  but  to a user. Your not "moving" a token you are assigning it to a respected user.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors