Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brendonm11
New Contributor

Mac and iOS Devices showing up as Guest

Hi All,

I recently got a Fortigate for the school. I have a MacBook and an iPhone. The other devices on the school property are Windows and Android devices. Our Wifi network is radius controlled and login. I do not have the shared key the wifi company used for the radius... Radius works with the Windows Server 2012 Active Directory... When I log onto the wifi with my macbook and iPhone, I show up in the web filter logs as GUEST USER... I can't access websites that are blocked for the students...  Can someone help me link my devices to my user account to show my user and not guest please??

Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
GrantWilson
New Contributor II

Hello,

To set a MAC access control with a WiFi network, we created a device group (User & Device > Custom Devices & Groups) and reserved an IP address for each MAC address. We also have an issue when students with iPads connec via guest portal and then turn off their screens, they have to re-authenticate every time. I work in a school with more than 600 students who are spread across 3 dorms. Should we try MetaGeek Channalyzer + InSSIDer with Wi-Spy perhaps?

Fortinet case study: Best practices with Fortigate in our school setting using filtering buyessays

[size="1"]my case studies for school[/size]

andrewmartin
New Contributor

brendonm11 wrote:

Hi All,

I recently got a Fortigate for the school. I have a MacBook and an iPhone. The other devices on the school property are Windows and Android devices. Our Wifi network is radius controlled and login. I do not have the shared key the wifi company used for the radius... Radius works with the Windows Server 2012 Active Directory... When I log onto the wifi with my macbook and iPhone, I show up in the web filter logs as GUEST USER... I can't access websites that are blocked for the students...  Can someone help me link my devices to my user account to show my user and not guest please??

Thanks in Advance!

Once gone through it here - https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac_ it might solve your query for sure. 

talktosonic talktoihop
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors