Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sotir1984
New Contributor II

LDAP Integration with FortiMail

Hi,

I would like to integrate FortiMail with LDAP. I would like a certain LDAP group to has access to the FortiMail and view the configuration.

Has anyone done this before?

I have succeded this easily on FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer and FortiWeb. But i find it confusing on FortiMail.

-1984-

-1984-
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Users == administrators?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
neonbit
Valued Contributor

The below thread goes through the correct LDAP profile you'll need to configure on the FortiMail to use it for admin logins:

[link]https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=147292#147568[/link]

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I still would like to see the actual  Fortimail  side of the cfg & version,  for the actual user. The OP  has a requirement for  viewing the cfg for just that user, so it still need a role for the profile.

Here's what we did with  LDAPaaS, I put together a blog just recently for jumpcloud. It was not with  "remtote-group" account btw.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2017/03/jumpcloud-ldap-aas-with-fortimail.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
sotir1984
New Contributor II

Well forum alerts were tied to my old company email  and i thought this is not very helpful forum. :)

I recently discovered that.

Anyway, i succeeded with the integration:

config profile ldap   edit LDAP     set server 1.1.1.1     set base-dn DC=example,DC=co,DC=uk     set bind-dn "CN=Admin,OU=Service Accounts,OU=IT-Admin,DC=example,DC=co,DC=uk"     set bind-password THISISTHEPASSFORADMINACCOUNTTHATCANBROWSETHELDAP     set query "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u)(memberOf=CN=FortiMail Admin,OU=Admin Group,DC=example,DC=co,DC=uk))"   next end

And then you just enable remote_widlcard user, tie it with Auth type LDAP and LDAP profile.

Hope it helps :)

-1984-

-1984-
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors