Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aleph
New Contributor

Updated signature after 2015-08-27, anyone ?

Hello,

I don't think i'll get an answer, since I think i'm the only one in the world still forced to use FortiScan...

Seems that there's no update in the Vulnerability DB since 2015-08-27.

I got the last VCM from my support... and it's the one from 2015-08-27.

No security buletin from Microsoft after MS17-010.

And no trace of any other vuln newer than 2015-08, despite the box telling me "up-to-date" against FortiGuard.

Cheers!

Aleph

1 REPLY 1
Aleph
New Contributor

To anyone who would read this, here's the statement from our resseller/support:

----------

The current status of this issue goes as follows. Fortinet has confirmed FortiScan appliances and VMs no longer receive updates. This is the statement made by the Fortinet engineer: "Regrettably, the feeds enabling this service are no longer supportable, and updates have discontinued at this time."

When the license was bought, FortiScan was going to be supported until 2019. And this should still hold true today, see the attached table, this has obviously not happened.

We are currently working together with Fortinet to get a full refund for the FortiScan VM. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

----------

BTW, real thanks to the people in FortiNet technical support. I contacted them directly to get some info, and they provided me enough so i could convince our resseller that i was right. The statement above followed.

Despite this, the support matrix still list ForitScan VM as supported till 2019-07-09

https://support.fortinet.com/Information/ProductLifeCycle.aspx

FortiScan-VM, end of support date: 2019-07-09

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors