Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Vernon76
New Contributor

Fortigate 240D crash

Hi all,

I wanted to ask something about fortigate 240D firewall.

It seems from what I understood that this firewall seems to crash or freeze from time to time and you have to reset it and load the backup again.

Now the explanation I heard is that this crash or freezing of the is caused by IT's network, but the logging is on in the firewall, What I wanted to know is if this crashing might be due to something else, that maybe they can disable certain features in firewall that might not be needed or if a bug can also do this or heavy traffice.

You see the WAN light is blinks  normally, but the LAN seems to freeze.

Does anyone have have an idea on how this could be fixed or what change can be done in the configuration?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi,

What´s your firmware version ?

Save the output of the command:

execute tac report

and go through the text, somewhere in the bottom you should see what process is killing your firewall, hopefully....

Another way is to connect a console cable to the firewall and save the output, so when it happens again you might see some error messages.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
MikePruett

I haven't experienced a 240D crashing any more or less than other firewalls.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors