Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sks
New Contributor

Parital? Inter-Vlan routing

Hi,

We just bought Fortigate 100D and would like to use it as default gateway for some VLANs.

The current network configuration is described in the fist image. Inter-Vlan routing is enabled on the core switch (Avaya 5530) and the default route points to our Fortigate for internet access.

Now what I want to do is use the second fortigate as router for some of the VLANs but not all of them. In that, I want to continue to use the core switch for Inter-Vlan routing between VLAN 5,40,50 etc... and use the fortigate to route between VLAN 10,30,110,120 etc.. and the same time route between vlans in the core switch and the fortigate.

The vlans that I want to keep on the core switch are used for telephony, IPTV, CCTV. On Fortigate they are all data vlans.

I don't know if this does make any sense! the goal is to isolate inter-valn routing and apply policies.

ACL on the core switch is another option but on Avaya it's a real pain to maintain

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors