Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sudarsan_Babu
Contributor

Yahoo domain not blocking

Hi i am new to this forums. i have one query.

One of my client facing issue. i try to block yahoo domain(web search , mail etc) through web filter & application control (search engine & web-based mail ) but its not blocking. I need to access gmail & zoho mail(https://www.zoho.com/mail/login.html) . If i block these category zoho mail also blocked. Can anyone help  me  .

Fortigate 40C

Firmware Version: 5.2.8

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
5 REPLIES 5
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello Sudarsan,

You can use the Application Control module to block Yahoo and allow the rest. Set all the Yahoo signatures to Block. Additionally, please enable "certificate-inspection".

HoMing

Sudarsan_Babu

Hi Hmtay,

I used to block application control  for yahoo signatures . I  used ssl inspection . 

If i used certificate inspection   facebook ,youtube will allow?

I already blocked through ssl inspection .  

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
amirsamir
New Contributor

Hi

I am using fortigate 240D firewall. In that I was created the policy for blocking google drives except gmail.

So I add the filter in the application control then block the google drive. 

Once I opened the drive it was not opened. But after opening the gmail, the drive immediately open. How to restrict that ?

thanks

Sudarsan_Babu

May be QUIC need to block. 

Regards,

Sudarsan Babu P

Regards, Sudarsan Babu P
hmtay_FTNT

Hello,

If what you refer to as "ssl inspection" is deep-inspection, e.g. doing a Man in the Middle, that will work too.

QUIC has to be blocked if you are trying to access Google services on Chrome. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors