Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
beh_arji
New Contributor

Use one virtual server and select http service in two server policy

In fortiweb reverse proxy mode I want two create two server policy with following details:

server policy: Game                          server policy: Finance

----------------------                          ------------------------

Virtual server: Vsrv1                         Virtual server: Vsrv1

Server pool: srvPool1                         Server pool: srvPool2

Service:HTTP                                      Service:HTTP

In srvPool1 we have 4 web servers for Game department and in srvPool2 we add 2 of them again just for Finance department.

So I create first server policy successfully, but when I create second server policy, I get following error: Two policies can not use the same Virtual Server and same Service   How Can I Create two server policy with one virtual server and one service (HTTP)?

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes ou need to route via host header for example.  In classic   SLB the VS+pool was just that, one VS and one pool bind together for that VS.

I've never done it ina forti-product,  but I believe the  latest code in the   FortiWEB allows for this . You need to RTFM on fortiweb and content or header routing, but in fortiOS ( FW ) I believe your going to be  limited and this is not a feature in  v5.2 or probably v5.4 or v5.6

If you need true ADC functions, you need to place real application delivery  system in place imho.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors