Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PlowmanG
New Contributor

FortiClient BSOD on Server 2012 R2

We have installed FortiClient 5.4.3 on a Hyper-V host (VPN only) for purposes of backing it up remotely, but a few minutes after connecting a critical error occurs and the server reboots. We tried an earlier version 5.2.5 but the same thing occurs.

We have looks at the minidump which shows (attached)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

fortips.sys

So it's definitely the client at fault here. I have opened a ticket with Fortinet but am yet to get a response.

Has anyone seen these kind of symptoms before?

The server is a Dell Poweredge R630 with nothing installed other than Dells Server Administrator and the Hyper-V role. The NIC's are Broadcom NetXtreme.

Obviously this is a production server so any maintenance needs to be scheduled, we can't afford any more unexpected reboots! :)

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
PlowmanG
New Contributor

Update from Fortinet:

Thank you for contacting Fortinet Technical Support.  We have a similar issue reported to Engineering with BUG ID: 399990.  I will verify this issue with Engineering and let you know their feedback.  For now, I will move the ticket to Pendbugfix status. 

Does anyone have more info on this BUG ID?

Thanks,

PlowmanG

Fortinet have supplied a replacement fortips.sys file which seems to have done the trick.

Michael_DE

Where can i get this file ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors