Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JoeForNet
New Contributor

Creating VPN to a VPN provider.

Hello All.

I'm very new to creating VPN's but I'm trying to fet my FortiGate 60D to connect to a VPN provider "TotalVPN". 

They offer quite a fair variety of VPN types like PPTP, OpenVPN, IPSec IKEv2, etc.. So in theory I should be able get an IPSec IKEv2 VPN working.

They have some manual config guides but most of the guides are windows, mac and mobile devices.

I want to try and setup a VPN which will only pass certain traffic through it and leave all other traffic via the normal interface.

Is anyone done this before? Anyone know how to achieve this? Also if not with TotalVPN but any other provider?

Thanks Joe.

3 REPLIES 3
JoeForNet
New Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas on this??

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If it's ipsec that should be simple, you would craft a route-base VPN, policy, and in the course define the  ph1/ph2 policy for the proposals.

Do you have the cfg for the   window examples? Did you try to duplicate that on the firewall ?

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

You can even use the VPN wizard in FOS v5.4/v5.6 to make life easier. You will have to explictly state that you want to use IKEv2. So of the setting will then be set in the CLI.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors