Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
buraian
New Contributor

how to prevent for file sending from QQ Chat and WeChat

Does anyone know how to prevent file sending from QQ Chat and WeChat with Fortigate 200D v5.2.8 build 727? Please kindly advised.

Thank you.

Bryant

4 REPLIES 4
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello Bryant,

Please use the Application Control signatures to block the functions you want disabled on your policy. Go to your App Control sensor and do a Name filter for QQ and WeChat and you should see a list of sub functions like QQ_File.Transfer, QQ_Picture.Transfer, etc. Set those signatures to Block.

HoMing

buraian

Hi HoMing, 

I follow as you said to set the QQ_File.Transfer, QQ_Picture.Transfer to receive file from others QQ User is not able to, but to sent to other QQ user is possible, is there anyway to block incoming and outgoung sent file?

Thank you.

hmtay wrote:

Hello Bryant,

Please use the Application Control signatures to block the functions you want disabled on your policy. Go to your App Control sensor and do a Name filter for QQ and WeChat and you should see a list of sub functions like QQ_File.Transfer, QQ_Picture.Transfer, etc. Set those signatures to Block.

HoMing

hmtay_FTNT

Hello Bryant,

Can you do a packet capture when you are trying to send files out? I will check and see what is wrong? You can send me the packet capture in a PM. Thanks.

HoMing

global82
New Contributor

Hi I have question, I have FortiWiFi-60D v5.4.4,build1117 (GA)

I have block the certain under Security Policies > Application Control

Application as below:

QQ_File.Transfer

QQ_Picture.Transfer

but the QQ Chat still able to send file, what did I do wrong?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors