Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maher
New Contributor

VLAN with Authentication AD

Hi,

To secure access to network resources for one of my clients, I am looking for how to enable Active Directory authentication for VLANs, here is the scenario: In my FG100E, I have 2 VLAN, VLAN1 for server and VLAN2 for workstations. I will create the access rules between the 2 VLANs, All workstations will be in the VLAN1 be it AD domain computers and guests who are not in my domain. However to have a higher level of security I want only the workstations that are in my AD domains to have access to network resources, And guest computers / users or in general who do not have an AD account should not have access, or should receive an authentication request. - in conclusion: if a user who does not have an AD account, connects his computer to my VLAN1, he must authenticate himself to have access to network resources.

I search since yesterday, I find articles that speaks of protocol 802.1x, what does your opinion this can serve me? If so what is Fortigate support 802.1x? I always look for my side, and I would like if someone to an idea, I would be very grateful.

best regards,

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors