Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alpha7
New Contributor III

remote_wildcard admin account with LDAP?

Has anyone integrated LDAP with Fortimail for admin login?

2 Solutions
Alpha7
New Contributor III

Fortinet support has asked to use the following LDAP query, but it is still not working.

query: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u))

View solution in original post

Alpha7
New Contributor III

Yes, it works fine. I was trying to authenticate for a specific user group. so, LDAP query has to be

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u)(memeberOf= specific usergroup dn))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I've managed to get it to work with using the administrators email address as the username, but can't figure out howto get it to work with usernames only.

To get it to work with usernames you just add an LDAP server and select 'Active Directory' for the schema (under User Query Options).

Anyone got any ideas on what needs to be edited to use usernames for the login? I have a feeling it's got something to do with the schema but my LDAP skills are lacking :(

Alpha7
New Contributor III

Fortinet support has asked to use the following LDAP query, but it is still not working.

query: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u))

neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Alpha, thanks for that I just tested the query and it's working for me.

To confirm the bind is working edit your LDAP profile (Profile > LDAP) and goto User Query Options. Click the test button and enter an email + password. If it's failing here then I'd recommend checking your LDAP settings.

If it works here then it's probably something in the administrator section.

Does your test work in the LDAP profile?

Alpha7
New Contributor III

Yes, it works fine. I was trying to authenticate for a specific user group. so, LDAP query has to be

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u)(memeberOf= specific usergroup dn))

Mindsvirge

I know it's an old tread but I just wanted to point out the typo above memeberOf should be memberOf in the event that you are being lazy and pasting it in, as it cause me some delay and confusion  =o)

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=$u)(memberOf=CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=somedomain,DC=com))

It worked quite well, thank you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors