Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mirza
New Contributor

Block files more than 20MB

Hi,

I am using Fortigate 200D, i want to restrict users from downloading files larger than 20MB based on policy

can someone help me step by step

Thanks and Regards

Mirza

1 Solution
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Mirza,

There's two ways of doing this, via proxy options and via DLP.

You can configure a new proxy option from Security Profiles > Proxy Options.

Enable 'Block Oversized File/Email' and select 20 for the Threshold MB.

Apply this proxy option to the policy/policies you want to limit file sizes.

Second way is to create a DLP filter under Security Profiles > Data Leak Prevention. If you can't see Data Leak Prevention here then you can enable it under System > Feature Select. Enable DLP and click Apply to save.

Create a new DLP profile and create a new rule. Select Files, enter 20 for file size and change action to Block. Apply this DLP profile to policies you want to block 20MB files for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Mirza,

There's two ways of doing this, via proxy options and via DLP.

You can configure a new proxy option from Security Profiles > Proxy Options.

Enable 'Block Oversized File/Email' and select 20 for the Threshold MB.

Apply this proxy option to the policy/policies you want to limit file sizes.

Second way is to create a DLP filter under Security Profiles > Data Leak Prevention. If you can't see Data Leak Prevention here then you can enable it under System > Feature Select. Enable DLP and click Apply to save.

Create a new DLP profile and create a new rule. Select Files, enter 20 for file size and change action to Block. Apply this DLP profile to policies you want to block 20MB files for.

Mirza
New Contributor

Thanks i tried but it's doesn't work

default value is only 10 i mean i can change 10 and less than only

hmtay_FTNT

Mirza, 

What is your FortiOS version? I tested on my 5.4.4 and I could go up to 20,000 with no error.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors