Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

Active directory and FSSO

Hello ,

We have FGW200D running 5.2.10

I have two domain controller (DC&ADC), when restart the main one (DC) , the Internet does not function for all users. I want to make (ADC) works in the period in which the main control does not work. how can accomplish this please.

The FSSO had been installed on both servers.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
CAD
Contributor

the problem solved! 

Thanks

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

So what was the cause and the solution?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
CAD

thank you mike for reply,

Case:

When turn off the domain (DC) or restarted for maintenance or update it , we would not be able to browse Internet. Note that the additional domain(ADC) working as secondary server in(FSSO), and status for the secondary server it shown green in the firewall also FSSO service running ,but users cannot accessing internet.

Solution:

sorry to say that ,the problem still persist.

When changed password for authentication with Firewall in FSSO for secondary Server the Status has been changed to a green in fortigate , I thought the problem has been solved. But when turn off (DC) we found that the Internet does not work.

Note: i am using polling mode

any idea ?

Thanks

CAD
Contributor

Is there someone faced this problem?

AtiT
Valued Contributor

What do you mean about DC and ADC?

DC = Domain Controller

ADC = Additional Domain Controller (second DC) or  Active Directory Connector ?

AtiT

AtiT
CAD
Contributor

Yes, DC=Domain controller

ADC=Additional Domain controller

Thanks

CAD
Contributor

any idea please?

CAD
Contributor

any insight i will appreciate

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

You have the FSSO loaded on each domain controller and have each one loaded in the FSSO config? (you are able to have multiple FSSO agents listed in the FSSO configuration)

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors