Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
burtmianus
New Contributor

Moving from Forcepoint Triton AP to FortiMail

Hiya,

We're starting to lab a migration from our existing Forcepoint Triton AP for mail security to a FortiMail virtual appliance in Azure, and the one thing that I see as being a problem is the 1000+ personal whitelists/blacklists that we have for users on our Triton. I can export them all in a single CSV file:

Column A              Column B              Column C

Recipient Email      Sender Email         Whitelist/Blacklist

And i was thinking of some excel magic using concatenate to spit out a massive (or several massive) CLI scripts to set these up on the FortiMail, but I cannot see how it is done or if it is even possible.....

We would be looking to use it in transparent mode not server mode...

Anyone got any experience/thoughts?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hello Hiya,

not so directly, but you could do that looking  user  whitelist format in Fortimail and adjust your scripts to match the format.

Use an User configuration backup file (Maintance->System->Configuration->Backup Configuration  and backup ONLY the "User Configuration".

You should obtain a tar.gz file with the structure in fortimail format.

The rest is scripting with your Triton data and restoring the resulting file.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
burtmianus

Hi Abel,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion - I have downloaded the user config file as you suggest but when I edit it in Notepad++ I get lots of NUL blocks.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better editor that I could use?

Thanks

Chris

neonbit
Valued Contributor

The users whitelist is a flat file that can be opened in Notepad++.

When you backup the user config you should get a file structure like this:

company.com > username > whitelist

If you were to create a script then you'd need to create a folder for each user, then a whitelist within each folder.

If you have no users configured you could create a dummy local one on the FortiMail (Users > Users). Once created edit the user and add a few emails to their whitelist. Backup the user configuration and you should now see the proper structure and the whitelist file.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors