Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fahadahmed
New Contributor

Ubuntu Updates Getting blocked

Hello,

Ubuntu OS Updates are getting blocked. I am using 5.4 FortiOS

These are the steps I followed:

Created New application Sensor -> In application sensor allowed Application name"Ubuntu.Update" --> Created Firewall access rule for specific Ubuntu Machine . 

Still updates are getting blocked

6 REPLIES 6
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello fahadahmed,

Are you able to enable the "Apt.Get" signature as well? Some of the sessions are covered by that signature. We have updated the Ubuntu.Update signature to cover some new domains.

ERNESTO_GARÍ
New Contributor II

You must enable Apt.get
lwpate

Similar problem here, but for us it is the Antivirus that blocks ubuntu updates.

If we remove AV-profile from the policy, downloading headers from security.ubuntu.com works just fine.

We use the factory default AV-profile and FortiOS 5.4.9. Anyone have ideas for a workaround?

scpulsion

Hi did you ever manage to work out what the problem was? I'm on 5.4.9 as well so expecting it has been fixed next version but dont see anything in the release notes regarding it. Thanks.

lwpate

Hi,

Still having the same issues. Haven't had the time or the energy to fiddle around with this, so I have just disabled AV for ubuntu updates.

ipranger

Should work again. Had a long thread with Fortinet support.

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)

Fortigate 60E v7.x (GA)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors