Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
krissilon
New Contributor

Configure WAN2 and DMZ as software switch port

Hi,

I have a fortiwifi 60D running 5.4.1 and I am missing two ports to complete my setup.  As I have only one isp provider and no web server, I would like to configure WAN2 and DMZ ports as normal switch ports like the others (in software switch).  Can anyone point me in the right direction how to do this the most easy way as I am a fortigate newbie ?

Tks,

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I regularly don't use GUI but since you said you were new to FG that's probably you want to use. First, 5.4 introduced interface role, like WAN for WAN1 and 2, and DMZ for DMZ only for GUI sake, so you need to change them to "LAN" to be able to bind them to internal interface. You probably need to remove pre-assigned IP from DMZ port too but need to put 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 in (that's why I don't like GUI).

Second, you have to remove all config attached to internal interface, which is a hard-switch interface, including IP and DHCP server. Also even with the default config, there is one policy exist using the internal interface. You need to remove that too.

Then you should be able to create a new softswitch interface and select those three interfaces.

krissilon

Thank you Toshi for helping out a newbie.  Will hopefully have some time this weekend to give it a try - I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors