Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rm_beginner
New Contributor

How to connect FORTIGATE 100C (DC1) and FORTIGATE 60B(DC2) Domain Controller

Hi Guys,

I have issue here I have DC(Domain Controller) in MAIN BRANCH and I want to connect to ANOTHER BRANCH DC(Domain Controller Connectged to MAIN Branch).

5 REPLIES 5
support12
New Contributor III

Please explain..

rm_beginner

I have 2 Windows Server one in Main and One in Branch the Main is connected to FTG100C and the branch connected to FTG60B. How configure these two server to connect to each other and the Branch Server DC is connected to Main Server DC

Thank you.

support12

A lot of info is missing so choose one scenario.

please show the ip of dc main and its gateway  and do the same on branch.

And you are not telling the issue yet

You need read fisrt because what you try to do es  basic configuration that are available thru knowledge base

When you say connect you mean one dc can ping the other dc... This is call reachable.

1- your main fortigate is located in a different location than branch and main is connected to the internet  using a public ip different from branch.. 

You need to configure a ipsec vpn between both firewalls and the private ip on domain controller main is in different subnet than branch ip. Example of different ip subnet is dc main is 192.168.10.20 255.255.255.0    and dc branch is 10.20.10.5 255.255.255.0 

rm_beginner

Thank for your reply Sir, both FTG is connected through internet with different ISP.

BOTH FTG is connected to HUAWEI HG8245T5T

so I have to use VPN setup IPSEC? then setup all the internal and external ip both branch IN PHASE 1 AND PHASE2

create the policy any other else Sir that I need to consider?

Do I have to setup the HUAWEI HG8245T  the internet is working fine both EXTERNAL ROUTER?

support12

so I have to use VPN setup IPSEC?

answer yes.

Remember  at least one ip address from isp has to be static, and reachable thru internet i mean public ip not a publication from something in front.

isp 1 dhcp fine  huawey      isp 2  static and public ip   fine 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors