Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alpha7
New Contributor III

Fortimail delaying emails from Exchange

i have two exchange servers relay outbound messages through a fortimail box. it scans the antispam for inbound messages. If a mail received by Exchange A, It is relayed by fortimail without any issue. If message is received by Exchange B, delivery delayed by fortimail. I  have checked the Exchange B's queue, it was trying to relay number of spam messages. Genuine emails also delayed. How can i overcome this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Alpha7
New Contributor III

Has anyone come across this issue?

Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

Do you have logs for the delayed messages?

Is Exchange B hitting the same IP Policy for outgoing connections as Exchange A? May be hitting some session limits.

Are Exchange A and B hosting the same domains? If different, outgoing AntiSpam Profiles could be a factor.

Alpha7

I have attached a screen shot of logs. .157 is exchange and .156 is Fortimail

Yes, Both exchange use the same IP policy and messages per 30 minutes was increased from 1500 to 5000 due to this issue but that didn't make any difference.

Yes both mail servers host same domain

Bromont_FTNT

Is Sender reputation enabled on that outgoing session profile? 

Alpha7
New Contributor III

Sender reputation is not enabled on applied session profile but i was seeing the sender reputation score for that mail server was 15.

Alpha7
New Contributor III

Also, At the time of issue, there is no Fortiguard license for that Fortimail unit. I am not sure whether that is something related to this

Bromont_FTNT

So there is no issue now? 

Alpha7
New Contributor III

It is a migration from sonicwall mail filter to Fortimail. since Fortimail was delaying emails, we reverted back to Sonicwall. With Sonicwall it works fine. Once we identify the root cause of the issue on Fortimail, we will try to put the Fortimail back for mail scanning

Bromont_FTNT

Can you open up a support ticket for us to look at the issue?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors