Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
naama
New Contributor

Unable to establish vpn connection

This error appears to our customers who used Forticlient to connect VPN.

based on each customer I upgrade and downgrade the clients in  customers PC based on the situation of each customer , the issue solved temporary but it repeating again from time to time and i am repeating the same steps to solve the issue.

kindly advice me if there is any permanent solution.

on the other hand, another issue appears like the "Client connecting and disconnecting". I solved by remove the current client and install new ,and restart the PC, then it solved, but all this solutions are temporary and I am searching for better solutions.

kindly advice

thanks

Naama Salim Al-siyabi

Naama Salim Al-siyabi
1 Solution
MasterBratac

For me it was a TLS version mismatch on Fortigate and IE settings.

Check this link:

http://www.layer8.one/for...-may-be-unreachable-5/

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Did it work previously before? If so, what changed?

What version of FortiOS is the Gate running and what version of FortiClient is the endpoint running?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

At least two of our SSL VPN users got the exact error message with their FortiClient(VPN only). I won't say  the only one cause would show the error, but those two cases seemed to be related to Windows Updates. I told them to reboot their PCs at least a couple of times for WinUpdates to complete clean-up. One of them claimed he needed to boot four times. But after that they worked fine.

naama

yes it was working fine , the issue appears from last 3 weeks, and even  i tried various below procedures , they were only temporary solution , it will work but the issue will repeat after one to two weeks .

-rebooting ,upgrading the client and downgraded depends on each case of customer.

- i tried to install WAN mini port repair tool and do restart , then again install mini port installer tool and restart .

- instead of client i ask the user to use browser but the same issue appears from time to time and I just solved it , by disable "Enable Enhanced Protected"

I tried all above solutions and the issue solved temporary and repeated again .

I am searching for the best solution which is stable for windows 7 /8 /10.

current ios version 5.2

Naama Salim Al-siyabi

Naama Salim Al-siyabi
naama
New Contributor

I hope any one can advice me

thanks

Naama Salim Al-siyabi

Naama Salim Al-siyabi
Alby23
Contributor II

I imagine you've already tried this steps (even if your issue is different from the reported one):

http://kontech.net/forticlient-vpn-connection-getting-stuck-at-status-98/

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

And, again, check when last time windows updates happened in the history.

MasterBratac

For me it was a TLS version mismatch on Fortigate and IE settings.

Check this link:

http://www.layer8.one/for...-may-be-unreachable-5/

v_mashouri

hi everyone

I had this error and solved by change  the IE setting .

IE > Tools menu > Intenet Options > Advanced tab > Use TLS 1.1  or Use TLS  1.2

thanks MasterBratac

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

One more item that needs to be considered, ensure that no layer7 device is blocking your connection like a proxy. This is over looked in  9 out 10 cases that I've have seen.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors